Although less than the previous month, the Heart of America Correctional & Treatment Center still ended February with a profit.
Filling in for HACTC Administrator Mike Graner, Sheriff Josh Siegler informed the Board of County Commissioners Tuesday morning that the facility had an $8,212.79 profit for the month of February.
Graner had informed the board at its March meeting that the facility had a profit of $33,827.56 in January.
In March, the inmate population at HACTC was at 122 inmates, with the highest amount at 125 and the lowest amount at 112. One hundred seven inmates were booked and 111 were released in March.
Currently 119 inmates are housed at the facility.
Siegler also informed the board there were 67 calls to the Sheriff's Department in March: two medical, one fire, 10 traffic accidents, eight assist other agencies, seven prisoner transports, 15 arrests, 17 citations, 30 papers served and eight warrants served.
- The board approved a games of chance site authorization for the Rugby Eagles Club.
- The board approved abatement applications for James Zacher and Marvin & Audrey Michalenko.
- The board appointed Joe Bohl to serve on the county water board.
- The board approved bids for clay and gravel, machine hiring for the construction season and culverts.
- The board approved March meeting minutes, bills, financial statements and treasurer's checks.
- The board conducted an exit interview with Pam Hooker, who worked for the county Social Services.